- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 c. chopped onions
- 1. Combine the spices in a small bowl.
2. Remove any giblets from chicken and rinse the chicken.
3. Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
4. Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. (I usually skip this step because I’m always in a hurry).
5. When ready to cook, put chopped onion in bottom of crock pot.
6. Add chicken. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make it’s own juices.
7. Cook on low 4-8 hours, checking doneness after 4 hours.Note: Crock Pot Girl recommends using a pop-up timer in the chicken to avoid overcooking
Crock Pot Girl