- 2 15 oz cans Small Red Beans, rinsed and drained well
- ¾ cup Brown Rice
- 1 Medium Onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk Celery, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 6 cups Low Fat Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 3-4 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato, chopped and drained
1. Mash one can of beans in the crock pot with a fork
2. Combine remaining ingredients, except the green onions and tomato, and place in the crock pot.
3. Cover, cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until the rice is tender.
4. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with green onions and chopped tomato.
Crock Pot Girl