- 1 lb. ground beef (optional to add 1/2 pound ground or sliced Italian sausage for spicy flavor)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 c. water
- 6 oz. can tomato paste (variation suggested)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 8 oz. pkg. lasana noodles, uncooked
- 4 c. (16 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 c. (12 oz.) ricotta cheese or small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook beef, onion and garlic together in saucepan until browned. Drain.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt, and oregano. Mix well.
3. Spread one-fourth of meat sauce in ungreased crock pot. Arrange one-third of noodles over sauce.
4. Combine the cheeses. Spoon one-third of mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce.
5. Cover. Cook on Low 4-5 hours.
Variation: For a fuller flavor, use 24 oz. can tomato sauce instead of 6 oz. can tomato paste and water. Add 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. dried basil, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. For a spicy flavor, add 1/2 lb. ground or sliced Italian Sausage and brown with the hamburger.
Crock Pot Girl