- 5 1/2 lbs. apples - peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 4 c. white sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Place the apples in the crock pot.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Pour the mixture over the apples in the crock pot and mix well.
3. Cover. Cook on high 1 hour.
4. Reduce heat to low and cook 9 to 11 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
5. Uncover and continue cooking on low 1 hour. Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness.
6. Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze.
Note: Great to make during the holidays for gifts! This is for sure one of the Crock Pot Girls favorite.
Crock Pot Girl