- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 & 1/2 cup sweet & sour sauce
- 1 - 20 oz. can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 - red pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 - green pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 - small onion, peeled & sliced
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Rice (for serving)
I love Chinese food! Here is an easy and healthier alternative than going out for sweet & sour chicken. This can be made with pork too.
1. Put carrots in bottom of the crock pot.
2. Place chicken in a single layer directly on top of carrots
3. Pour chicken broth in crock pot so that chicken is just covered, sprinkle with red pepper.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
5. Remove chicken & carrots from crock pot and discard chicken broth.
6. Return chicken to crock pot and pour in the sweet & sour sauce.
7. Top with the drained pineapple, onions and peppers.
8. Cover and cook on HIGH for 45 minutes.
9. Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Crock Pot Girl