- 4 lb. boneless chuck roast
- 2 T. oil
- 4 c. sliced onions
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. cumin, ground
- 2 - 4 1/2 oz. cans peeled, diced green chilies
- 14 1/2 oz. can peeled, diced tomatoes
- 8 Large tortillas (10-12 inch size)
- 1 lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 c. green, or red enchilada sauce
1. Brown roast on all sides in oil in saucepan. Place roast in crock pot.
2. Add remainng ingredients except tortillas, cheese, and sauce
3. Cover. Cook on High 4-5 hours.
4. Shred meat with fork and return to crock pot.
5. Warm tortillas in oven. Heat enchilada sauce. Fill each tortilla with 3/4 cup beef mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Roll up and serve with sauce.
Serve with sour cream and/or guacamole.
Variation: Use 2 lbs. ground beef instead of chuck roast. Brown without oil in saucepan, along with chopped onion.
Crock Pot Girl