- 1 1/2 lbs. beef sirloin tip, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 c. beef broth
- 1/2 c. red wine
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz. carton sour cream
- 2 T. mustard
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 c. water
1. Combine everything except sour cream, mustard, flour, and water in a 3-1/2 quart crock pot.
2. Cook on Low heat for 8-10 hours (high for 4-5 hours). Remove and discard bay leaf.
3. Combine sour cream, mustard, flour, and water in medium bowl and mix well, using a whisk. Add 1 cup of the hot liquid from the crockpot to the sour cream mixture and stir until combined. Return this mixture to the crockpot and stir well.
4. Cover crockpot and cook on high for 20-30 minutes until thickened and bubbly. Taste it; you may want to add more salt, pepper, marjoram, or thyme.
5. Serve over hot cooked egg noodles.
If you have a new hotter cooking crockpot, check the beef at 6 hours on low.
Crock Pot Girl