- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (9x9 inch) pan cornbread, cooled and crumbled
- 8 slices day-old bread, torn into small pieces
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons margarine
1. Place chicken in a pot with water to cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Cool, and cut into pieces.
2. In a slow cooker, stir together chicken, cornbread, bread, eggs, onion, salt, pepper, sage, chicken broth, and chicken soup. Stir until well blended. Dot with margarine.
3. Cover, and cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours. Remove lid, and fluff with fork. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
Crock Pot Girl