- 8 oz. portobello mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped very fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. olive oil
- 4 c. reduced-fat beef broth
- 1/4 c. red wine
- 1/4 c. barley
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated skim milk
My husband is a BIG fan of Mushroom Soup, so when I told him I made Crock Pot Low Fat Creamy Portobello Mushroom Soup, he couldn’t hardly wait to get to the table!
1. Saute the portobello mushrooms, onions and garlic in the olive oil in a medium skillet for a few minutes, just until soft.
2. Transfer the cooked veggies into the crock of your crock pot and add broth, wine, barley and seasonings.
3. Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or High for 3-4 hours.
4. Stir in milk and allow to cook another 10 minutes or so, until heated through.
Crock Pot Girl