- 2 lbs. beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
- garlic powder to taste
- 3 T. vegetable oil
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/4 c. hot water
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a crock pot.
3. Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
4. Cover. Cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Note: This recipe is great to make ahead in the crock pot and then serve over rice, egg noodles, or chow mein.
Crock Pot Girl