- 1 c. lentils (dried, mix of red brown green and yellow)
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. lean ground beef (browned)
- 3 oz. celery (thinly sliced 3 stalks)
- 3 oz. baby carrots (thinly slieced good sized handful)
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 c. water
- 3 tsps. beef bouillon
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1-1/2bay leaf
1. Brown ground beef.
2. Combine all ingredients in 4-5qt crock pot.
3. Cook on Low for at least 12 hours or High for 6 hours. I do a combination of High/Low, when I make this recipe I cook on High for 5 hours and Low for 4 hours.
4. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
Note: when I save the leftovers, I add another cup of water to prevent it from becoming too thick. It makes yummy leftovers!
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.
Crock Pot Girl