- 14 oz. corn tortillas (flour tortillas whatever size fits in your crock pot)
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef (cooked ground beef or 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or shredded cooked pot roast)
- 20 oz. enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 c. light cream (cheese)
- 1 onion (chopped fine)
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (monterey jack pepper)
1. Brown your beef or cook the other meat (chicken or roast) you are using.
2. Mix cooked meat, cumin, cream cheese and onion.
3. Spray inside of crock pot with nonstick spray, then pour a little enchilada sauce on the bottom.
4. Place one tortilla in the bottom of the pot.
5. Cover with some of the meat mixture.
6. Pour a little enchilada sauce on top of meat.
7. Sprinkle some cheese on top of sauce.
8. Add another tortilla and continue layering until you run out of meat mixture.
9. You should still have some cheese and sauce left.
10. Top with a tortilla, then pour remaining enchilada sauce over all.
11. Cover. Cook on High for 4 hours.
12. When it’s done, sprinkle remaining cheese on top, replace lid until cheese melts.
13. Cut into wedges with plastic spatula to serve.
Crock Pot Girl