- 2 lg. eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 jars of your favorite pasta sauce
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 - 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1. Spray the crockpot insert with cooking spray.
2. Cover the bottom of the crockpot with sauce – about 1/2 cup, then a layer of eggplant, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, more sauce, then mozzarella cheese. Make sure the toppings cover all of the eggplant slices, out to the edges.
3. Continue all layers (usually 3-4), finish with sauce and cheese.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 8 hours or High 5-6 hours.
5. Serve over your favorite pasta.
NOTE: Sometimes I slice the larger pieces of eggplant in 1/2 to fit better around the sides of the dish.
This recipe calls for a 7 qt. crock pot, adjust for smaller crock pots.
Crock Pot Girl