- Meat: 1 lb ham, bacon OR sausage; cooked, degreased and crumbled/diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 16 oz. hash browns, frozen
- 3/4 cup cheese, shredded (co-jack or cheddar are Crock Pot Girl's favorites)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- scallions (Optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
This recipe for Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole is one of my favorites! The fresh veggies along with hash browns, eggs, cheese and your choice of meat really make it flavorful. Use a round crock for a thicker casserole, or an oval crock if you prefer your casserole thinner. (This may reduce crocking time by 1 hour.)
1. Grease your crock or use a crock pot liner.
2. Layer ingredients starting with frozen hash browns followed by meat, onions, peppers, and cheese.
3. Repeat layer twice and top with scallions.
4. Beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together.
5. Pour over the layered ingredients in the crock pot (ensure everything gets moistened well)
6. Cover and crock on Low for 7 hours.
Crock Pot Girl