- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 egg
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- Spaghetti sauce (26 oz or more)
- canned or fresh mushrooms, sliced
1. Pour olive oil into the bottom of a crock pot and coat the bottom well using a paper towel.
2. Beat the egg in a medium bowl.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, seasonings and the parmesan cheese and place in a shallow dish.
4. Dip the chicken into the egg and then lightly dredge into the bread crumb mix to coat both sides.
5. Place the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
6. Place one slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
7. Combine pasta sauce and mushrooms the pour over top of the chicken breast pieces.
8. Cook on low for 7 hours (8 hours if you are using frozen chicken)
9. Serve with angel hair pasta and crusty french bread.
Crock Pot Girl