- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Optional: 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Scallions, for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown onions and garlic (and celery, if using).
2. Place chicken, broth, and tomatoes in the crock pot.
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
4. Heat on low for 8 hours.
5. Remove chicken from crock pot and shred (use two forks for easy shredding).
6. Return chicken to crock pot and stir back into chili.
7. Serve in bowl topped with cheese.
Crock Pot Girl