- 2 c. milk (can sub Almond or Coconut Milk if you prefer)
- 2 T. honey
- 1 T. butter (no substitute!)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. dry old-fashioned oats
- 1 c. apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 2 T. brown sugar
Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal is one of my all-time favorite Crock Pot breakfast recipes – actually, one of my all-time favorite breakfasts, period! I usually double the recipe and reheat leftovers for dessert later in the day or for breakfast the next day.
If you want to wake up to this deliciousness in your crock pot, you can do what I do: I prep the ingredients before going to bed, then set my alarm and get up place everything in the crock pot 5-6 hours before I want to eat breakfast. Then I go back to bed and let my crock pot do all the magic. Waking up to the aroma of Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal is such a nice treat. I hope your family loves this as mine!
1. Mix together all ingredients and place in a greased crock pot. (or use a crock pot liner)
2. Cover & Crock on LOW 5-6 hours.
3. Serve by itself or top with milk, ice cream or whipped topping.
Optional: Add 1/2 cup light or dark raisins to mixture.