- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. venison stew meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried oregano to taste
- dried basil to taste
- 1 c. tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. dry red wine
- 1/2 c. water
1. Place the celery, onion, garlic, and parsley in the bottom of your crock pot.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
3. Brown the venison well in two batches, and transfer to the crock pot.
4. Season to taste with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil.
5. Pour in the tomato sauce, red wine, and water.
6. Cook. Cook on Low for 7 to 10 hours.
Variations: a. Substitute 1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt and 1 tsp. salt for 2 1/2 tsp salt. b. For added color and flavor, add 1 cup frozen peas 5 minutes before end of cooking time. c. Beef can also be used in place of the Venison. d. Some have added also mushrooms and carrots to this delish recipe.
Crock Pot Girl