- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 5 c. chicken broth
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 cup)
- 3/4 c. sliced celery
- 1/2 c. sliced carrots
- 1/2 c. raw rice, converted
- 1/4 c. chopped onions
- 1 c. frozen or canned mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
1 In the crock pot, combine chicken, broth, vegetables, rice, and seasonings.
2. Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or cook on High for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Check after the 3-4 hours cooking time to make sure the rice isn’t becoming too mushy.
4. Optional, you could omit the raw rice and add cooked rice near the end of cooking time.
Crock Pot Girl