- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 quart chicken broth (for vegetarian use vegetable broth)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or pressed)
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. cream or half-and-half cream
- 1 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 T. chopped fresh chives
- 1 c. sour cream (optional)
- 8 slices bacon, fried & crumbled (for vegetarian, eliminate bacon)
- cheese, for sprinkling
This recipe can be altered to be used for a vegetarian recipe! Picture provided by Facebook Friend Julie F. M. Thanks Julie for the awesome picture!
1. Combine first seven ingredients in a large crock pot.
2. Cover. Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours (check to make sure potatoes are tender).
3. Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped, and soup is slightly thickened.
4. Stir in cream, cheese and chives.
5. Top with sour cream (if desired), sprinkle with bacon and more cheese (if desired).
Crock Pot Girl