- 3/4 c. hot salsa
- 1/4 c. chunky peanut butter or smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 c. light coconut milk
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 2 T. grated fresh ginger
- 2 lbs. skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 c. chopped peanuts, for topping
- 2 T. chopped cilantro, for topping
1. Combine the salsa, peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger in the crock pot; mix well.
2. Place the chicken in the sauce, spoon mixture over chicken to coat.
3. Cover. Cook on Low until chicken is very tender and sauce has thickened, 8 to 9 hours.
4. A meat thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of a thigh should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
5. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro before serving.
Note: Serve over your favorite rice.
Crock Pot Girl