- 1 c. zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 c. yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieced
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. fontina cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
This Italian-style breakfast is a great alternative for vegetarians. Complete this breakfast with fresh fruit, toast and a cup of steaming Italian espresso.
1. In a medium skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper and garlic until tender.
2. Transfer the vegetables to the crock pot, and add the remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly to combine.
3. Cover. Cook on Low 4-6 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
Note: Virtually any vegetable can be used in a frittata.
Crock Pot Girl