- 2 lg. chopped onions
- 3 lg. chopped red bell peppers
- 3 lg. chopped green bell peppers
- 2 or 3 T. oil
- 12 oz. pkg. oyster mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 10 fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1 T. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 28 oz. can Italian plum tomatoes, crushed or chopped
1. Saute onions and peppers in oil in skillet until soft.
2. Stir in mushrooms and garlic. Saute just until mushrooms begin to turn brown.
3. Pour into crock pot.
4. Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir well.
5. Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours.
Note: Good on pita bread as an appetizer or seved over pasta or rice for a main dish!
Crock Pot Girl