- 2 lbs. potatoes (about 6 med.)
- 1 sm. onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 slices American cheese
1. Pare and thinly slice potatoes. Toss slices in 1 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar. Drain.
2. Put half of sliced potatoes in greased crock pot. Top with half of onion slices, flour, salt, and pepper. Add remaining sliced potatoes and onions. Sprinkle with remaining flour. Add butter and undiluted soup.
3. Cover. Cook on low 7 to 9 hours (high 3 to 4 hours).
4. Add cheese 30 minutes before serving. Double recipe for 5 quart model.
Note: Cooking potatoes in a saucepan of water for 10 minutes, will help the potato cook through while in the crock pot.
Variation: Adding 1 – 1 1/2 c. cubed ham
Crock Pot Girl