- 2 med. onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, washed well and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 c. water
- 4 c. vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 c. pearl barley
- 2 c. frozen green beans
- 2 T. chopped fresh dill (can sub dried if that is all you have)
- OPTIONAL: 1 potato, peeled and chopped in chunks
- 1 14oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained (more if you really like tomatoes like me!)
Vegetable soup is a great way to warm up as the weather gets cooler and a very easy way to get a few servings of healthy vegetables. Of course, you don’t have to be a vegetarian to enjoy this fabulous soup!
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT tomatoes in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Stir soup and add tomatoes.
- Cover the crock pot and cook for about 15 minutes longer or until tomatoes are hot.
Crock Pot Girl