- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. boiling water
- half a lemon, sliced thin
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bottle red dinner wine (burgundy or claret)
Crock Pot Mulled Wine is perfect for those evenings you want to curl up in front of the fireplace to stay warm. One of my favorite things about making this is it just makes the house smell like Autumn and I can never get enough of that aroma!
A tip for those of you like me who hate to throw out wine (but it doesn’t usually tast great a day or two after it’s been open). You can make this recipe with just about any red wine and it’s a nice alternative to throwing out that bottle of Cabernet you opened a few days ago.
1. Dissolve sugar in boiling water in saucepan.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Pour into crock pot.
4. Heat on Low for at least 1 hour and until wine is hot. DO NOT BOIL.
5. Turn crock pot to Low to keep warm until served.
6. Serve from crock pot into mugs or stemware.
Crock Pot Girl