- 4 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 c. shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 oz. can of green chiles (drained)
- 1/3 c. diced onions
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste (optional)
- ground cumin to taste (optional)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. red or green enchilada sauce
Here’s one of my favorite recipes from the Get Crocked eBook! The cheese mixture helps keep this chicken dish stay tender and flavorful. If desired, serve with Mexican rice. Yum-Yum!
- Make cheese mixture: Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, chiles, onion, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- Place a generous dollop of cheese mixture on each flattened chicken breast then roll up and secure with toothpick.
- Place the chicken rolls in the crock pot, seam-side down.
- Top the chicken breast rolls with the remaining cheese mixture, soup, and enchilada sauce.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
Crock Pot Girl