- 4 lg. baked potatoes
- 2/3 c. butter
- 2/3 c. flour
- 6 c. milk, whole or 2%
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. (8 oz.) sour cream
This is a great recipe to use up those left over baked potatoes.
1. Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out pulp and put into a small bowl.
2. Melt butter in large kettle. Add flour. Gradually stir in milk. Continue to stir until smooth, thickened, and bubbly.
3. Stir in potato pulp, salt, pepper, and three quarters of the onion, bacon and cheese.
4. Cook until heated. Stir in sour cream.
5. Transfer to crock pot on Low.
6. Top with remaining onions, bacon, and cheese.
Note: Take to any potluck, or serve on a buffet table, straight from the crock pot.
Variation: Add several slices of Velveeta cheese to make the soup extra cheesy and creamy.
Crock Pot Girl