- 1 lg. eggplant, diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lg. Rome apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 (12 oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. capers
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley or 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
This is a healthy Sicilian dip or relish that is Yummy!
1. Eggplant placed in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and toss with salt.
2. Microwave at High 8 minutes; gently toss with olive oil.
3. Stir together eggplant, apple, and next 8 ingredients in a 3-quart slow cooker.
4. Cover. Cook on High for 3 hours or on Low for 6 hours or until apples are tender.
5. Stir in vinegar.
Crock Pot Girl