- 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 T. cooking oil (optional)
- 2 T. quick cooking tapioca
- 6 med. carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 9 oz. pkg. frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 of a 16 oz. pkg. frozen small whole onions (2 c.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz. can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 c. Burgundy wine
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. If desired, in a large skillet cook meat, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until brown. Drain off fat.
2. Place meat in a 3 1/2 or 4-quart crock pot. Sprinkle with tapioca. Stir in carrots, green beans, onions, and garlic. Pour broth and Burgundy over meat mixture in crock pot.
3. Cover. Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours. Sprinkle each serving with crumbled bacon.
Crock Pot Girl