- 3 T. margarine, melted
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 3/4 c. dark brown sugar
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. dried figs, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored, chopped fine
- 1/2 c. pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c. raisens
The holiday must have Figgy Pudding, and now you can make Crock Pot Figgy Pudding!
1. Butter a 2-quart mold with a tight lid.
2. Heat water in a pan large enough to hold mold, a crock pot is excellent for this.
3. Put melted margarine in a large bowl and stir in sugar and milk.
4. Add flour, baking soda, lemon zest, salt and all-spice and beat until smooth.
5. Stir in figs, apples, raisens and pecans. Spoon into mold.
6. Place mold with lid inside the crock pot in the hot water.
7. Cover. Cook in steam for 2 hours on Low, check after 1 1/2 hours.
8. Remove and cool 10 minutes before removing from mold.
Variation: Top with whipped cream!
Note: The batter may appear not to cover figs and apple. This is normal as pudding will rise during steaming.
Crock Pot Girl