- 3 -5 lbs beef roast (any inexpensive cut will work)
- 4 oz. package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 14 oz. jar yellow pepperoncini peppers
- 10 oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
- 10 oz. can low-sodium beef broth
- Sliced provolone cheese (Optional)
This recipe for Crock Pot Pepperoncini Peppers Beef Roast makes the best sandwiches. I have spent a lot of time in Chicago, where my family eats Italian beef sandwiches all the time – this is my version!
1. Place beef roast in crock pot.
2. Pour Onion soup mix, beef and chicken broths over roast.
3. Cut tops and stems off each pepperoncini pepper, and return them to their original jar in the juice.
4. Pour entire jar of pepperoncini peppers w/juice over beef roast and mix with large spoon to blend soups.
5. Cover. Cook on low for 11 hours.
NOTE: 11 hours, not 8 hours like most recipes! This is important to the success of this roast.
6. The last 1/2 hour of crocking time, take roast out of crock pot and “shred” the meat apart with a knife or fork, and return meat to the juices in crock pot for 30 minutes.
7. Serve on your favorite bun or hoagie roll, with extra juice on the side.
Serving Suggestion: Place provolone cheese slice over the sandwich and microwave for 35 seconds before serving, then spoon additional au jus over the bread!
Crock Pot Girl