- 2/3 c. flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz. can of crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/2 c. golden raisins
- 1 c. pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 c. finely grated carrot
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened (Half of an 8 oz. pkg.)
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, spices, ginger and salt. Stir with a whisk to mix well.
2. In another bowl combine vegetable oil, eggs, pineapple, raisins, nuts and carrot. Stir with a whisk to mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix by hand until everything is well mixed.
4. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray for baking (or butter and flour).
5. Pour cake batter into prepared pan and place in the bottom of a 7 quart crock pot.
6. Cover the top of the crock pot with 4 paper towels or a thin kitchen towel, making sure the towel is not touching the cake in the crock pot. (This will prevent condensation from dripping on the cake.)
7. Cover with the lid and crock on HIGH for 3-4 hours. (A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean.)
8. Remove the cake pan from the crock pot and cool cake in the pan on a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes.
9. Invert cake out of the pan onto the cooling rack and let it cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Whip the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
Once the cake is completely cool, frost with cream cheese frosting.
NOTE: Just like all Carrot Cakes this is even better the next day! This is a great recipe to make a day ahead!
Crock Pot Girl