- ¼ c. butter , softened
- ¼ c. white sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. molasses
- 1 c. water
- 1 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ c. pecans , chopped
- 7 T. brown sugar
- ¾ c. hot water
- ½ c. butter , melted
1. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg white and vanilla.
3. Combine molasses and water until blended.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices.
5. Add dry mixture to creamed mixture, alternately with molasses mixture, beating well after each addition.
6. Fold in nuts.
7. Pour into a greased 3 quart crock pot.
8. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
9. Combine hot water and melted butter and pour over the batter but DO NOT stir.
10. Cover. Cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean.
11. Turn off heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
12. Serve warm and top with whipped cream or ice cream!
Crock Pot Girl