- 1/3 c. shortening
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. mashed bananas
- 1/2 c. raisins or chopped dates
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans, optional
1. Cream together shortening and sugar in a mixing bowl; add eggs and beat well.
2. Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed banana; stir in raisins or chopped dates and chopped pecans, if using.
3. Grease a 4-cup can and pour batter in it ..or place bread pan that fits in your crock pot on top of the rack.
4. To make a rack, you simple roll tin foil and make a coil in bottom of the crock pot.
5. Place the bread pan on top of the foil rack, and place a piece of buttered foil on top of the bread batter, to eliminate the paper towel from (next step) sticking to the bread.
6. Cover top of can or pan with 6 to 8 layers of paper towel; and place on rack in cooker.
7. Cover. Cook on High for 2 to 3 hours (or until bread is done).
Crock Pot Girl