- 15 oz. can of tomato soup
- 10 3/4 oz. can of French onion soup
- 14.5 oz. can of stewed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. of turkey sausage, browned and drained
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 T. + 2 tsp. of dried chopped onion (or half of a fresh onion)
- 2 T. of dried sliced garlic (or one clove)
- 2 tsp. of seasoned salt
- 3 - 4 c. of chicken broth (as needed)
- 3 c. of cooked rice (I used brown rice)
1. In a 5-6 quart crock pot, add the tomato soup, French onion soup, both cans of tomatoes, onion, garlic aqnd seasoned salt. Stir.
2. Brown the sausage. Adding the cooked sausage and the bell pepper to the crock pot. Stir.
3. Add enough of the chicken broth to completely cover the above ingredients. Cover. Cook on Low for 4 hours or high for 2 1/2 – 3.
4. At the end of this cook time, add the rice. Stir completely.
5. Cover. Cook for an additional 3-4 hours on Low or 2 hours on High.
NOTE: For soup like consistency, add more chicken broth when adding the rice. For thicker like consistency take the lid off and turn to High the last 30 – 45 minutes of cook time.
Crock Pot Girl