- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, large, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. packed light brown sugar
- 8oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic until softened.
2. Turn heat up to medium high and add the ground turkey, salt and chili powder. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the mixture to your crock pot. Stir in the brown sugar, tomato sauce, ketchup. water and hot sauce.
4. Cover. Cook on Low for 3-4 hours.
5. Serve on buns.
Crock Pot Girl