- 1 pkg. dried organic garbanzo beans
- 4 c. chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- Few sprigs of Rosemary
- Few drizzles of Olive Oil
This recipe was actually shared by J.M.L., a facebook friend. J.M.L. said everyone thought it was even better the next day, so this would be a great recipe to make ahead when you are having guests. Thanks for sharing, J.M.L.!
1. Rince the garbanzo beans.
2. Combine dried organic garbanzo beans, chicken broth (or vegetable), and put on warm all night.
3. In the morning add more WARM water (not to crack the pot) and increase to high heat.
4. As the beans plump and soften, add the lemon juice and garlic.
5. Blend everything with an immersion blender, adding water as needed for consistency. (If you don’t have an immersion/hand blender, you can use a regular blender then return everything to the crock.)
6. Let it sit on Low adding a few sprigs of Rosemary and a few drizzles of Olive Oil.
7. It will be fine in the crock pot most of the day.
8. Serve with Pretzel Thins, Tortillas, carrot sticks, or what ever you like with hummus.
Optional: Sprinkle with Paprika for serving
Provided by J. M. L. at www.facebook.com/crockpotgirl