- 2 lb. ground chicken
- 3 1/2 T + 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 -15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 - 28 oz. cans diced fire roasted tomatoes (no need to drain)
- 1 - Sweet potato peeled and chopped into medium sized chunks
- 1 - 15 oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c. Instant tapioca (such as Minute tapioca)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped (remove seeds if you don't want it too hot)
- 2 T. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 T. salt
- 1 T. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 c. beer (optional - use to thin chili if needed)
I love this Crock Pot Red Chicken Chili recipe for so many reasons. It’s super yummy and healthier than most chicken chili plus all the ingredients can be placed directly in the Crock Pot – no need to brown the meat first! Feel free to tinker with the type of beans you use and amount of chiles (in adobo sauce) to match your taste for spice. Please share comments on what you did to make this chili recipe your own.
- Place the ground chicken in the Crock Pot.
- Add 3 1/2 T. of chili powder (set aside the remaining 2 tsp. for later)
- Add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT the beer.
- Mix everything in the Crock Pot.
- Cover and crock on LOW for 6 hours.
- Stir in the remaining 2 tsp. of chili powder and the beer, if needed.
- Serve in bowls with your favorite toppings like cheese, sour cream, taco chips, green onions, etc.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get The Official Get Crocked eBook!
Crock Pot Girl