- Chopped Onion
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 12 oz. Bar-B-Q sauce
Easy budget friendly recipe for those days when time is of the essence. Crock Pot Hamburgers and you can make them the way you know your family will love them. Great to make ahead and have ready when you need them.
1 . Place chopped onion into the crock pot.
2. Combine the ground beef and 1 egg in a bowl. Mix well and season them with salt and pepper. Add additional spices as you see fit.
3. Shape the beef mixture into six evenly sized hamburger patties, about 3/4-inch thick.
4. Place the individual patties stacked on top of each other, in the crock pot on top of the onions. If the crock pot is large enough, you may be able to make two stacks of three patties.
5. Pour about 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce, whether store bought or homemade, on top of the patties. This allows the patties to simmer in a sauce, necessary when cooking in a crock pot. Alternately you can use other types of sauce such as a ketchup mix or a cream of mushroom soup, packet of soup, french onion and 3/4 c. water; depending on what you want your burgers to taste like.
6. Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours, until the meat is soft and tender, and the juices run clear.
7. Separate the patties with a spatula and serve on hamburger buns.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.
Crock Pot Girl