- 8 eggs
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. 2% milk
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) French bread, cubed
- 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 12 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- BLUEBERRY SYRUP:
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 c. cold water
- 3/4 c. fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed, divided
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. butter
This great recipe is good for Breakfast, Brunch or an evening meal! Love, Love Blueberries, and Crock Pot Blueberry French Toast is GREAT!
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually whisk in milk and maple syrup until blended.
2. Place half of the bread in a greased 5 or 6 quart crock pot; layer with half of the blueberries, cream cheese and egg mixture. Repeat layers.
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
5. Cover. Cook on Low for 3 – 4 hours or until a knife inserted in French toast comes out clean.
6. For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Add 1/4 cup blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until the berries pop, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice, butter and remaining berries.
7. Serve warm to pour over French toast!
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.
Crock Pot Girl