- 1 lb. top sirloin, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, washed well and chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 & 1/2 c. Frozen veggies (corn, peas and/or green beans)
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes (do not drain!)
- 28 oz. beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 T. oil
- 4 c. water
I’ve been making Vegetable Beef Soup in the crock pot for years but this week I thought I would change things up a bit and take the best from several of my recipes. This recipe for Crock Pot Yummiest Vegetable Beef Soup is great because you can add the vegetables that you like best and it will still be great. As my family said, “the yummiest!”
- Optional first step – Brown seasoned meat and 1T. of oil in a skillet over medium heat for a few minutes (not totally necessary but this will help lock in the flavor)
- Place beef in the crock pot
- Add vegetables in this order: celery, onions, potatoes & carrots
- Add diced tomatoes, beef broth, water & seasoning. (optional: add a few drops of hot sauce)
- Place 2 bay leaves in the soup.
- Cover & Crock on HIGH for 5-6 hours
- Add frozen vegetables equaling 2 & 1/2 cups – any combo of corn, peas or green beans.
- Crock on HIGH for 1 hour more or until vegetables are soft.
- Serve in bowls topped with oyster crackers, if desired.
Note: Like many soups, this vegetable soup is more flavorful the next day!
Crock Pot Girl