- 4 1/2 c. bread, French or Italian, cubed
- 3 large apples, cooking (such as Granny Smith), peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, light, firmly packed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 C. milk or soy milk
- 1/4 c. syrup, maple
- 12 oz. sausage, cooked and crumbled
Crock Pot Breakfast Bread Pudding is good all the time not just for the Holidays!
1. Oil lightly the inside of a 4 quart crock Pot.
2. Press half of the bread cubes into the bottom of the crock.
3. Combine the apples, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
4. Next add the milk and maple syrup and mix well.
5. Pouring half of the apple mixture over the bread in the crock pot.
6. Gently press down on the apples to ensure the liquid is absorbed by the bread.
7. Spread half of the soy sausage over the apples, followed by the remaining bread.
8. Top the bread with the remaining sausage, followed by the remaining apple mixture.
9. Press on the apple to ensure the liquid is absorbed again.
10. Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
Crock Pot Girl