- Crock Pot Plastic Liner
- 12 oz.challah or sweet bread (such as Portuguese or Hawaiian sweet bread), cut into 1-inch cubes (about 9 cups)
- 4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs, or 3/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Caramel ice cream topping, warmed
Crock Pot Creme Brulee French Toast is as much a dessert as it is a breakfast!
1. Line a 3-1/2 or 4-quart crock pot with a plastic crock pot liner.
2. Place bread cubes in prepared crock pot.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt.
4. Pour over bread cubes in crock. Press bread lightly with back of a large spoon to moisten bread completely.
5. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.
6. Remove from the refrigerator.
7. Cover. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Turn off crock. Let stand for 30 minutes. Carefully lift plastic liner from crock, using a plate to transfer the French toast to a cutting board.
NOTE: If desired, slice French toast to serve or spoon it into serving dishes. Can top with ice cream topping.
Crock Pot Girl