- 1 dozen beaten eggs
- 14 slices of bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 1/4 c. milk (lowfat or skim is OK)
- 2 1/2 c. cheddar, grated or Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1 lb. sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
Our family use to make Sausage and Egg Casserole in the oven for years, but making it in the Crock Pot makes it even better!
1. Grease the sides of the crock with butter.
2. If desired, spread mustard on one side of the bread and tear bread into small pieces.
3. Make two layers in the crock pot of bread, followed by sausage, followed by cheese, ending with a cheese layer.
4. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
5. Pour over layered mixture in the crock pot.
6. Cover. Cook on Low for 8-9 hours.
Optional: For extra zip, serve with Salsa and/or add a can of green chili’s
Crock Pot Girl