- 16 oz. vanilla bark coating
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 6 oz. white chocolate, pkg. of baking squares
- 3 T. shortening
- 16 oz. pretzel twists, pkg. broken or chopped into smaller pieces
- 8 oz. animal crackers, pkg. broken or chopped into smaller pieces
- 3/4 c. coarsely crushed peppermint candy
- 1/2 tsp. of pure peppermint extract
Another Holiday favorite! Crock Pot White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Candy! YUMMY!
1. In a large crock pot (6-7 Qt.) add vanilla bark, white chocolate chips, white chocolate baking squares and shortening.
2. Cover, placeing a paper towel under the lid and cook on Low for 1 1/2 – 2 hours. (The paper towel will absorb the condensation in crock)
3. Remove the lid, making sure that no condensation gets into the crock pot (water is the enemy when dealing with white chocolate)!
4. Stir the mixture until smooth. (If white chocolate is clumping do not add water. (Add shortening to the mixture one teaspoon at a time until it smooths back out.)
5. Add the pretzels, animal crackers and peppermint candy. Stir well.
6. Turn the heat off and add the peppermint extract. (It is important to add the peppermint extract at the very last minute, not while the heat is still on) (if you have a removable crock take it out and place it on a heat proof surface, this would be best).
7. Stir and mix thoroughly.
8. By the teaspoon full, put a dollop of the mixture into miniature muffin or cupcake liners.
9. Put them in a cool draft free place to set up. If you are in a hurry you can put them into the fridge or freezer to set up.
Note: If you don’t have muffin or cupcake liners, you can place on wax paper that you have placed on a cookie sheet! Best not to taste test until cooled!
Crock Pot Girl