- 1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. coarsely chopped walnuts - optional
Crock Pot Chocolate Chip “BIG” Cookie is a great treat for the kiddos, even as an after school snack!
1. Grease the insert of the crock pot with butter or vegetable oil. This recipe meant for a 5 qt. oval crock pot.
2. Cut a piece of waxed paper to fit the bottom, and grease the waxed paper.
3. In a bowl, beat the butter, eggs, both sugars and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl, stir the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
5. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts until well-blended.
7. Spoon the dough evenly into the crock insert and smooth the top.
8. Cover. Cook on Low for about 3 hours, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Set the lid slightly ajar for the last 30 minutes.
10. Turn off the heat and remove the crock.
11. The cookie must cool in the crock for 30 minutes.
12. Invert the cookie onto a wire rack.
13. Cut the big cookie in half lengthwise, then cut each piece into slices.
Serve warm or at room temperature. If warm serve with a scoop of ice cream, and the flavor of your choice!
Crock Pot Girl