- 1 lb. chicken, shredded, cooked
- 15 oz. tomatoes, whole peeled,, mashed, canned
- 10 oz. enchilada sauce, canned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 oz. green chile pepper, chopped, canned
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 14.5 oz. chicken broth, canned
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 oz. corn, frozen
- 1 T. cilantro, chopped
- 7 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
If you like Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup this is a must make! It has all the flavor you would expect from this soup!
1. Place shredded chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into the crock pot.
2. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
3. Stir in corn and cilantro.
4. Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Brush both sides of tortillas lightly with oil.
3. Cut tortillas into strips, spread on a baking sheet.
4. Bake about 10 – 15 minutes in preheated oven until crisp.
5. Serve tortilla strips over soup.
Crock Pot Girl