- 1 c. pecans, chopped and divided
- 1½ c. oatmeal (use rolled oats or steel cut oats ONLY)
- 4½ c. milk
- ¾ c. dark brown sugar
- ¼ c. butter, unsalted, or 1/2 stick
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Love, Love Crock Pot Oatmeal, and Crock Pot Pecan Pie Oatmeal is no different! You can even imagine what a wonderful aroma you will wake up to!
1. In a small skillet, toast pecans over medium heat.
2. Stirring frequently, watch carefully to avoid burning.
3. Reserve 1/4 c. pecans for serving.
4. Combine 3/4 c. pecans and remaining ingredients in the crock of the crock pot.
5. Cover. Cook on Low for 7-9 hours. (My crock pot is programmable, so I set it for 8 hours, and when it is done it turns to warm.)
NOTE: Serve with the reserved toasted pecans on top.
Crock Pot Girl