- 1 lb. turkey, ground or 1 lb. smoked sausage, cut into rounds
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 28 oz. tomatoes, diced or crushed, canned
- 6 c. cabbage, coarsly shredded
- 1/2 c. rice, brown, uncooked
- Cheese, Parmesan (optional)
Crock Pot Cabbage Roll Casserole is a great recipe for New Years day, as Cabbage brings money into the New Year!
1. Brown turkey or sausage in skillet and add onion, green pepper, Worcestershire, thyme, garlic, and salt.
2. Cook and stir for a few minutes until well mixed and warm throughout.
3. Stir in tomatoes and uncooked rice and heat until bubbling.
4. Scatter cabbage on bottom of the crock pot and transfer the meat mixture over the top of the cabbage.
5. Cover. Cook on Low for 6 – 8 hours or High for 4 – 6 hours.
6. Top with Parmesan cheese just before serving!
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.
Crock Pot Girl